Closing, Selling, or Changing Your Business

The following information is for employers who are closing or selling their business, or changing its structure. Refer to the state and federal agencies below for assistance.

Employment Development Department

Visit Changes to Your Business for information on reporting changes if you no longer have employees, are closing, reopening, purchasing, or selling a business.

California Department of Tax and Fee Administration

Whenever you buy, sell, or discontinue a business, you need to contact the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration. Review the following for more information:

US Small Business Administration

Additional Resources